cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to go back to a previous step in Flow or manage a rejection in approval flow

I'm new for flow. I just want to create Approve/reject flow. When users submited the form, it will go to HR. When HR rejected, Users would get email to edit the form. My question is, How the flow go back to 1st step if HR rejected and resubmit again. 

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to go back to a previous step in Flow or manage a rejection in approval flow

There is no way to go back a step in Flow.

However, here is an idea:

• Use a "Send Email with Options" action to send the rejection notice instead of a Send Email action
    • Responses (which you can define) might be something like "re-submit" and "Cancel request"
  • The workflow will pause until a response is received
  • If the user responds with "re-submit", follow with another Approval action
  • If the user responds with "Cancel Request", take action as appropriate
    • Do nothing
    • Update SharePoint item
    • etc.

If this needs more explanation, post here and I'll provide a screen shot.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to go back to a previous step in Flow or manage a rejection in approval flow

@ScottShearer Thanks for prompt respond. When you get a chance, please send us the screen shot? 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Here is a screen shot of the solution I outlined above.  If the approver responds with a rejection to the first approval, the user receives an email with the options of resubmit and cancel request.  A

When the second request is approved or rejected, you'll need to take some additional action (update SharePoint list, etc.).  

If this needs more explanation, just ask.

ResubmitApproval1.pngResubmitApproval.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ScottShearer Thanks again, HR want to approve or reject using their own section under the form. Here is the attached. 

ABC.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ScottShearer here is the form created using infopath . It has 7 sections each category(New,Exist and Remove). Now, only HR and IT departments have to approve or reject by the below section(hidden for other employee). How to accomplish my task

New.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Scott if it is now rejected for the second time what happens after that?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ScottShearer if it is now rejected for the second time what happens after that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,804)