cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

How to initialize Variable as Array with PowerApps Data?

Hey guys,

in my Flow-Process I want to pull some datafields from PowerApps and use it to populate a Word template (This works so far).

Problem is that there can be up to 63 data fields from PowerApps and I don't want to initialize a single variable for each of these fields. My goal is to save all these PowerApp-Inputs in one variable (from the type array) and then pick these Array values (which represent the PowerApps datafields) in the "Populate a Microsoft Word template.

Right now I have no Idea whether this is possible or not and I also don't know how to implement this in Flow...

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @julianhoewel_95 

In PowerApps, you can create a record or a collection and then use the JSON function and pass the data over to Flow 

JSON makes the record or collection in JSON format

then in Flow you can read the variable as a string

Then use the json expression to get the object and then traverse through it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @julianhoewel_95 

In PowerApps, you can create a record or a collection and then use the JSON function and pass the data over to Flow 

JSON makes the record or collection in JSON format

then in Flow you can read the variable as a string

Then use the json expression to get the object and then traverse through it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,974)