cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulCullivan
Level: Powered On

How to insert more than 100000 rows into SQL

Hello,

Apologies if this has been stated somewhere before.

I'm working on a Flow that, once a day, will query a Kusto table, get the query, check to see if it got any results, and if it did insert them into a SQL database.  The problem is that Apply To Each has a hard limit of 100,000 and there doesn't appear to be any way to work around this (timeouts, batch operations, etc.) natively in Flow.

I completely understand concerns about load and why you would want to limit operations, but I was hoping that you would be able to recommend some approved way where I could time out or batch this within Flow that you would support. 

Or if this has already been answered.  🙂  I'm certainly not the first person to work with this size of data in Flow.

Thanks in advance for your help here.

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to insert more than 100000 rows into SQL

Hi @PaulCullivan 

As you have mentioned in the post there is a limit of 100K for the apply to each action in flow. Can you please share how many items do you want to work with here? 

You might want to try this approach: Sd2.PNG

Sd3.PNG

I am initialising a variable and checking the value to exit from a loop and start a new one. You can change the '100K' value in the do until loop to the difference items remaining (if it is less than 100K) and if it is more, add another set of that. Makes Sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

PaulCullivan

Appreciate the response.  I thought of something like that - my method was more clunky than yours, appreciate that - but I was hoping for something out of the box.  Being as this is a slow week I am hoping that I have time to get to this today or tomorrow and give this a shot.

Thanks again.

PaulCullivan

In your example, how would you make sure that the iteratior didn't start over from the beginning in the second do until loop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 189 members 6,347 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: