Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efialtes
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

How to invoke function on Outlook Send Email.Body

Hi all

I have invoked successfully functions in Conditions Block, by clicking on advanced mode.

However, I haven't found the way to invoke such functions in Action Blocks. In my test flow, I included a Recurrence trigger, then GetRows (data source is an Excel File table in GoogleDrive), and finally OutLook Send Email.

So I tried with Body field from Outlook Send Email, and declared the following:

@replace(item()['Borrow--Date'], '2016-', '16-')

In the first iteration, for example, value store in the excel register is

"Borrow--Date": "2016-04-20T00:00:00Z",

so I was expecting the flow to send the following email body:

16-04-20T00:00:00Z

However, when I executed the flow, the above expression is literally inserted in the body, so the email body sent was

@replace(item()['Borrow--Date'], '2016-', '16-')

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
SameerCh
Power Automate
Power Automate

No this cannot be done in the designer yet.  What you are asking for is some sort of a toggle option on the input text box where a more advanced user can see the underlying 'function'.  You should put this idea up in the Flow Ideas section.

@SameerCh

Thank you for your feedback!

I found a potential solution in another thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Workflow-Variables-in-Microsoft-Flows/m-p/1711#U1711

So following @Anonymous recommendation, I tried "{@replace(item()['Borrow--Date'], '2016-', '16-')}" and it works!

Is this method design intent, I mean , is it officially supported?

BR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,829)