cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How to manage the email attachments when the this attachment is new created

Hi 

I'll receive the same email fromevery week. These emails have a same name excel file attached. I need to pick up some of the special rows and copy them to another Excel. 

Below is what I think I can do:

1. save these attachments to OneDrive

2. manage these files by Control and add a row to tables.

Here's the questions:

Those files new created to OneDrive can not be found when I'm trying to use Excel connectors.

How can I manage these attachments when they are created to OneDrive?

Can I always save these same name files to one folder? I tested this. It seems the old version file will be replaced. But I don't care the old version once current flow finished. So this doesn't matter.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to manage the email attachments when the this attachment is new created

Hello @iiintro 

Which Excel connector are you using?

Excel in Flow has some limitations with filename. The filename cannot be dynamic. Meaning you must select the file inside the folder picker in the Excel action.

As long as the name and table names of the file do not change, you should be able to put a file manually in the folder of OneDrive. Than select the file in the action. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: How to manage the email attachments when the this attachment is new created

Thanks for your important information that The filename cannot be dynamic.

Then, can I create the same name EXCEL file in the OneDrive using Flow? Cause the attachment is always the same name. If Flow can replace the old file content with new attachment file content, that will be very helpful! 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

tRe: How to manage the email attachments when the this attachment is new created

Let me be more understood. What I want do is to get the file content new created in OneDrive or Sharepoint from email attachment. And this is an Excel.

Not sure if I can get the new file content automatically and copy them or delete them.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: tRe: How to manage the email attachments when the this attachment is new created

Hi @iiintro 

Do you have a Flow setup already? Can you please upload a picture of the flow

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: tRe: How to manage the email attachments when the this attachment is new created

The attachment is an excel file. 

I want to save the attachment content to another existed file and then I can do more operation to them such as control the condition and the add them into one another file.

While after below flow run finished. The ATTACHMENT FILE field is just two word PK. Not sure why, and how to get the attachment file content into excel file.Annotation 2020-06-05 094805.pngAnnotation 2020-06-05 095644.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @iiintro 

So are you looking to add the attachment content to the one field ID?

What does this file consist of? What is the format? (Picture, Excel, Etc.)

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Attachment is Excel. I want to copy the content to another Excel. So I can filter the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,921)