Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
domdom
Helper I
Helper I

How to mark a dynamics 365 task as completed

Hi Community,

Like everyone else, I was 'copy & paste' all the workflows in D365 to Power Automate, however, here is a really simple question that I cannot figure out.

In my D365 workflow, I can create a Task record, and change record status to 'Completed' (see the screenshot below) 

Task issue 1.PNG

However, in the power automate, I don't really know how to do that,  I tried to 'Update the record' -> change the status to completed, then I received this error message: 

Task issue 2.PNG

The flow in the power automate is really simple: Create a record (CDS) -> Update a record (CDS), i deleted the 'update record' stage as it doesn't work.

Task issue 3.PNG

Also, just another question, when do we use create a CDS record, and when do we use create a d365 record? 

Many many thanks in advance,

Dominic

3 REPLIES 3
DeepakS
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @domdom 

Here is an example of create a task record and update the status. If this does not help you much share a screen capture of your flow so i can help you better.

CDSTask.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for your reply, this is exactly what i did and it just doesn't work 😞

The error message is: 5 is not a valid status code for state code TaskState. 5 is the value of 'completed' in our CRM

@domdom 

Don't know if you have found the solution for this. And I have just came across the same error with both CDS and the current environment connector. In case if anyone else gets this error, here is what worked for me

Update the field "Activity Status" instead of the "Status Reason"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,856)