cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naitikpatel
Frequent Visitor

How to move file from one folder to other folder in document library in sharepoint using flow.

Hello

I am working on flow to create workflow for sharepoint library. I have to move file from one folder to other folder during process. we can achive by first copy action and then delete action. But we want to keep version history with moving file. By copy file action, we can not able to keep previous version history. Can please help me how I can implement flow?

Thanks,

Naitik Patel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Naitikpatel,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Do you modify the source file before copying it to other folders in SharePoint library?

Further, do you want to retain all versions of moving file in destination folder?

Currently, the “Copy” action of SharePoint connector could only retain latest version of file in destination folder in Microsoft Flow. Besides, there is no way to retain all versions of file in destination folder in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Naitikpatel,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Do you modify the source file before copying it to other folders in SharePoint library?

Further, do you want to retain all versions of moving file in destination folder?

Currently, the “Copy” action of SharePoint connector could only retain latest version of file in destination folder in Microsoft Flow. Besides, there is no way to retain all versions of file in destination folder in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you @v-xida-msft

I really appriciate your help.

anton-khrit
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

You can move SharePoint folders and subfolders in Microsoft Flow with the help of Plumsail Actions.

It has Plumsail SP connector that provides a set of actions for SharePoint management, including moving and copy folders cross-site.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,342)