cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunayana8
Level: Powered On

How to notify a user that he/she has been assigned a record of an entity in Dynamics 365?

I want to create a Microsoft Flow that notifies a user whenever he/she has been assigned a record.

I have used When a record is created, Condition and Send a mobile notification activities. But couldn't get the required output. Can anybody please help me?

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

Re: How to notify a user that he/she has been assigned a record of an entity in Dynamics 365?

Hi @Sunayana8 

What's the content output from the When a records is created trigger?

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Sunayana8

Re: How to notify a user that he/she has been assigned a record of an entity in Dynamics 365?

Hi @faustocapellanj 

Content output in the sense?

Super User
Super User

Your trigger output. 

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Sunayana8

The AccountID, Name of the Account and its website

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Sunayana8 

As you mentioned that you want to notify the user when a record is assigned to them, you can use the when a record is updated trigger: tesw.PNG

This runs when the record is updated and only the owner of the record is modified. Gets the owner detail from the user entity and sends an email. Note that the Primary Email attribute from the user entity is the one that holds the email of the user. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Sunayana8

Could you please guide me how to do this using Dynamic 365 connectors? The connectors that you have used are CDS connectors, isn't it?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Sunayana8 

Can you please post screenshots of your Flow, including the dynamic content that's available from your actions?

Thanks.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Sunayana8

Thankyou @faustocapellanj  @yashag2255 . I could resolve the issue.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Sunayana8 

Glad that you were able to resolve. If this issue is resolved, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

ndewashish24
Level: Power Up

I want to create a Microsoft Flow that notifies a user whenever he/she has been assigned a record.

I have created a flow on update of appointment entity when ownership of record changes user will notify with the subject.

I am facing the issue, every time when ownership changes i only getting notification of who it assigned to.

The flow i have created is mentioned below snapshot

UpdateFlow.PNGUpdateFlow1.PNG 

As flow new to me , i am not able to understand how to get the owner of the record.

i have tried to use office 365 user action as well to get the user record, but i getting error user has not found. 
Can anybody please help me?

@yashag2255 @faustocapellanj @Sunayana8 

Thanks in advance..!

Regards,
Dewashish  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 348 members 6,829 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: