cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to parse the incoming email subject (having multiple phrases) where each phrase needs to be inserted into different fields on sharepoint list

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

If I am understanding correctly, are you saying that you want to update fields in a SharePoint list. Diferent fields get updated depending on the "phrase" in the message title?

"Email 1 Subject/Title" - Update Field 1

"Email 2 Subject/Title" - Update Field 2

"Email 3 Subject/Title" - Update Field 3

... and so on ...

If so, a good starting point for you may be to look at this blog - https://www.alanps1.io/power-platform/flow-try-catch-on-user-list-till-you-get-a-match/

Using the Try, Catch, Finally approach with the "Scope" connector will mean each Try (Scope) can check with a condition, if that fails, it will move on and check the next one and so on.

Here is what you would start out with: (You may want "Get Item" or "Get Items" to suit)Capture-198.png

Here would be your first TryCapture-199.png

Each Try that comes after would target a diferent subject/title until you've covered them all.

Worth a go?

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

If this post has solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AlanPs1,

Thanks for this but this won't suit for my requirement as the no. of combinations would be too many to match for each.

Instead if there's a way to parse the subject line using one or more delimiters, store each section identified as variable to be interested onto respective SP list, it'd be great.

Perhaps I am not able to find the right article as I am pretty sure this functionality would be available.

Regards

Bhaskar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,829)