cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xy2
Frequent Visitor

How to populate column values of a SharePoint list based on another list?

Hello,

I have 2 lists - Email Subscription Centre and Interest Mailing list.

I want to populate the 'Course Name' column of the former list with the values from 'Course Name' in the latter list.

Is there a way to do so using LOOKUP or Power Automate? There are around 15k rows in both lists and email addresses can be the unique identifier.

xy2_0-1658990151117.png

-----------------------------------------------------

xy2_1-1658990156396.png

Appreciate any inputs, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Adam-Symplifier
Frequent Visitor

So I would suggest using 2 get items to get the whole of both lists (you may have to set the top count to something big as sometimes it glitches out at 100 or so).

Then do a 'condition' where you check if one email is equal to the other, this will automatically place it within a 'Apply to each' loop for the each one you select. I.e. for every email in list a it will see if it is equal to list b. If it is, get it to update.

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 08.37.43.png

If you set it up and you're still struggling let me know!

Thank you I’ll try it out later and let you know again. What would you suggest the trigger to be for this flow though?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,131)