cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overheadpress18
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to prevent flow from resending all emails when being turned back on

I currently have a Power Automate that will send an email notification based on the emails in a SharePoint list field. I want to turn the flow off and add modifications to the flow and then turn it back on, but I noticed that each time I turn it on and off it will send out all the emails again. Is there a way to prevent the flow from sending all emails to preexisting items in my list? 

4 REPLIES 4
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

What trigger you are using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

I am using "When an item is created" for SharePoint and "Send an email notification (V3)"

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have a look at this: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-stop-ms-flow-from-re-triggering-on-an-item-createdmodif...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@overheadpress18 

Can you confirm that you are using a "When an item is created" trigger?  I ask because a Flow using that trigger should not fire again after yo turn it off/on.  It should only run for new items created after the Flow is turned on again.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,208)