cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overheadpress18
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to prevent flow from resending all emails when being turned back on

I currently have a Power Automate that will send an email notification based on the emails in a SharePoint list field. I want to turn the flow off and add modifications to the flow and then turn it back on, but I noticed that each time I turn it on and off it will send out all the emails again. Is there a way to prevent the flow from sending all emails to preexisting items in my list? 

4 REPLIES 4
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

What trigger you are using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

I am using "When an item is created" for SharePoint and "Send an email notification (V3)"

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have a look at this: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-stop-ms-flow-from-re-triggering-on-an-item-createdmodif...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@overheadpress18 

Can you confirm that you are using a "When an item is created" trigger?  I ask because a Flow using that trigger should not fire again after yo turn it off/on.  It should only run for new items created after the Flow is turned on again.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,744)