cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to retrieve Display Names with the Object ID when using Salesforce Connector?

Hello,

I am using the "Receive a weekly email summary of new Salesforce opportunities" template located here:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_salesforce/salesforce/

When selecting any field that is tied to a name, it returns the object id instead of the display name.  For example, It returns "0051N000007JKwtQAG" instead of "John Doe".

The JSON looks like:
"CreatedById":"0051N000007JKwtQAG", "Solution_Lead__c":"0031N000028ZSmmQAG" instead "CreatedById":"John Doe" or "Solution_Lead__c":"Jane Doe".  

As you can see, this is for default SF fields and custom SF fields.

How can we get it to return the actual Display name?

Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: How to retrieve Display Names with the Object ID when using Salesforce Connector?

Hello @chadhensley 

I know nothing about SalesForce, but I read their connector documentation.

Could you use the Get object types action and see if one of the object types is a person object (or similar)?

If you find one, then try using the Get record with the person object type and the user id you had in your original post.

Kind regards, John

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to retrieve Display Names with the Object ID when using Salesforce Connector?

Hi,

I solved this by first creating a variable array, then by taking the pulled values from the "Get Records" and putting them in a 'apply to each' loop. I then used a Salesforce Get Record task to pull that users data. Then I put this pulled information into the premade array. 

Then outside of the loop I create the HTML using created array.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (5,124)