cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadhensley

How to retrieve Display Names with the Object ID when using Salesforce Connector?

Hello,

I am using the "Receive a weekly email summary of new Salesforce opportunities" template located here:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_salesforce/salesforce/

When selecting any field that is tied to a name, it returns the object id instead of the display name.  For example, It returns "0051N000007JKwtQAG" instead of "John Doe".

The JSON looks like:
"CreatedById":"0051N000007JKwtQAG", "Solution_Lead__c":"0031N000028ZSmmQAG" instead "CreatedById":"John Doe" or "Solution_Lead__c":"Jane Doe".  

As you can see, this is for default SF fields and custom SF fields.

How can we get it to return the actual Display name?

Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
JohnAageAnderse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @chadhensley 

I know nothing about SalesForce, but I read their connector documentation.

Could you use the Get object types action and see if one of the object types is a person object (or similar)?

If you find one, then try using the Get record with the person object type and the user id you had in your original post.

Kind regards, John

jonathancavey
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I solved this by first creating a variable array, then by taking the pulled values from the "Get Records" and putting them in a 'apply to each' loop. I then used a Salesforce Get Record task to pull that users data. Then I put this pulled information into the premade array. 

Then outside of the loop I create the HTML using created array.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,247)