Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to run an automated flow

Hello all, 

I am new to flow, and my question probably is silly, but it would be great if you can help. 

I created an automated flow to receive data from tweeter based on some hashtags in Power BI. Following the tutorials, I can not understand, how should I run this flow!!

In the tutorial, it says "select “Create to Flow” to start the Flow.", but I don't have such an option. 

can someone help?

1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to run an automated flow

@Anonymous 

Once you save the Flow, it is active and will run when the event that you are using fires - in your case when it sees a Tweet with the hashtag that you have specified.  There is nothing else to do to hav the Flow start/run.  There will be some delay between when the Tweet appears and when your Flow runs.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You only need to click Save to check if the Flow configuration has an error. If there is no error, you can directly wait for the Flow to trigger automatically.

Once the conditions set by the trigger are met, Flow will be triggered automatically. For example, I set the tag flow here, save the Flow, wait for a while and then view the Flow run history, you will see the record of the Flow run.

Image reference:

118.PNG119.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft  and @ScottShearer 

thank you for your answers. 

I have saved the flow, but nothing is happening. 

I set the trigger as below: 

2.PNG

In the flow page, I see this:

3.PNG

and when I click on it, there is nothing in history, it means  that it is not running:

1.PNGWhat should I do? Do I need any specific permission?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This has nothing to do with permissions. You could try to test this trigger using the same configuration as me, then look at the Flow run history.

In addition, you could try to change or to ",", or just add one tag first, and then check if Flow is triggered.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,257)