cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to save data from PowerApps fields to excel

PowerappsToExcel.jpgI have creates a PowerApp and added text fields that are not tied to any data source. When submitted, the fields are sent to an Excel workbook within a SharePoint Document Library that only I have access to. I have had other users who are not Site Collection admins and do not have access to the document library attempt to submit data, but receive errors.

Errors:

Action 'Add a row into a table' failed

The request is forbidden by Graph API.
clientRequestId: f6ef8b6f-7f8e-4a6d-8d73-ecebce5ca0c1

The issue is I need to be able to provide a form that can be completed and submitted without the submitters having access to it.

1 REPLY 1
MarkStokes
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Even though the Flow is yours it will process as the submitting user. So if they don’t have access to your spreadsheet it will fail.

The easiest option is a drop list. Write the form to a lost and then have a secondary flow on that list that copies the list item to a protected list and delete the original.

This is not fool-proof as someone could monitor the drop lost and see submissions in there for the free seconds / minutes before the secondary Flow deletes it.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,876)