cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to save data from PowerApps fields to excel

PowerappsToExcel.jpgI have creates a PowerApp and added text fields that are not tied to any data source. When submitted, the fields are sent to an Excel workbook within a SharePoint Document Library that only I have access to. I have had other users who are not Site Collection admins and do not have access to the document library attempt to submit data, but receive errors.

Errors:

Action 'Add a row into a table' failed

The request is forbidden by Graph API.
clientRequestId: f6ef8b6f-7f8e-4a6d-8d73-ecebce5ca0c1

The issue is I need to be able to provide a form that can be completed and submitted without the submitters having access to it.

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: How to save data from PowerApps fields to excel

Even though the Flow is yours it will process as the submitting user. So if they don’t have access to your spreadsheet it will fail.

The easiest option is a drop list. Write the form to a lost and then have a secondary flow on that list that copies the list item to a protected list and delete the original.

This is not fool-proof as someone could monitor the drop lost and see submissions in there for the free seconds / minutes before the secondary Flow deletes it.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,486)