cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwena

How to select an e-mail with subject line containing a specific bit of text (not the exact subject line)

Hi, I've built a flow based on the template "Save Office 365 email attachments to a FTP server". It was very simple to amend but I need to select only e-mails with a subject line containing the expression "SMB top-100...".

Now setting the subject line to "SMB top-100" doesn't work (probably because this is never the exact subject line)

Does anyone know what I need to fill in to get the trigger right. Would *SMB top-100* work voor instance or what can I use to indicate that this is just a piece of the subject line? 

Thank you in advance for your help!

screenshot of my flowscreenshot of my flow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hardesh15
Super User II
Super User II

@Gwena 

You can store subject of an email in compose action. Then use condition block with condition-contains.if condition matches, perform your rest of the action if not terminate at that point.

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hardesh15
Super User II
Super User II

@Gwena 

You can store subject of an email in compose action. Then use condition block with condition-contains.if condition matches, perform your rest of the action if not terminate at that point.

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

yashkamdar
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Gwena ,

Please try this out. This worked for me.

Here is the logic that I designed -

yashkamdar_2-1597434720718.png

Here is the test -

Email sent with Subject SMB top-100 contained in it

yashkamdar_3-1597434861820.png

Flow iteration Successful-

yashkamdar_5-1597434942590.png

If this answer solves your issue please do mark this as accepted or answered. That will help me too !!

Thanks @yashkamdar ! I think the solution you propose is not quite what I needed but I used your trick to build a condition in between the "receive e-mail" And "save attachment to FTP". The flow is not doing what I need it to do. Thanks for your help!

@Hardesh15 I've done just that and it works perfectly! Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (54,824)