cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DublinOH_User
Helper III
Helper III

How to send a chat message to the current user of flow triggered in power app

I have looked for 2 days and found a hundred ways to send chats thru a flow, but none that explain how to send to 'current user'.
All the power apps formulas require the email, but I could not get it to recognize the global variable CurrentUserEmail, or User().Email.
Even when I removed the text brackets, or trying to use TEXT functions to pass text email property to the formula - nothing worked.

The PushNotification has the same roadblock.

Examples of what did not work
Launch("msteams://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users={CurrentUserEmail}&topicName=[PM Compliance Overdue]&message=The remove items workflow has started")

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:User().Email,message:"This workflow has started"})

In for flow edit, there is not a dynamic option to select the email of the current user - because there is not a "manual button" went he flow triggers from PowerApps.  ughhhhh.....😒

I hope to accomplish sending a simple chat notice to the current user who clicks the button that triggers the flow.
We don't care who the flow comes from as it can come from the system or we have a group box that we can send from.

Thank you to all those that may reply.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,521)