cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashwnaidv100
Helper III
Helper III

How to send a response of an approval email to other people , who only known by current approver.

Hi all, 

I have got stuck to a challenge, this may not be a technical issue. But may come as a limitation to Power Automate. In this case, Our Approver wants to have an accessibility to send the approval responses to others to know as only approvers know to whom they wants to notify as if he approver or rejects. 

Is there a way we can even work around, I think it won't be possible as we cannot ask approver to give multiple comment boxes to provide the details.  As only one comment box appears either we use Custom Approval. 

Do let me know, I could possibly putted some email by default, but this is not the case, as only approvers know to who they wants to include while the approver approves.

2 REPLIES 2
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ashwnaidv100 

Using the default and standard approval actions, this scenario might not be achievable. However, you can create a custom approval using adaptive cards with Outlook and achieve it. Here is a sample implementation that can help you get started.

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/multi-line-approvals-with-adaptive-cards-outlook-and-power-automate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiQ6tHGwNVg

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks @yashag2255,

Yes, that what it looks like it, and whole point to ask the question here. But the system is already sated up but this issue came from some of the end users (Not from all though).  I will have look into again in adaptive cards as my experience says its going put us in a difficult situation as the process will change and its not good for a rolled out system. As this a small part of bigger system that uses Power Bi, PowerApps, SharePoint List (multiple), Documents (as Attachments), and more outlook features with most recent integration of Teams as well.

That's why I wanted to see the work around only within Power Automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,449)