cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidney-neto
Frequent Visitor

How to send multiple attachments on a single Approval?

How to attach multiple files in a single Approval action?

8 REPLIES 8
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@sidney-neto in the Start and wait for an approval action, click on Show advanced options then click on Add new item to add more attachments.

addApprovalAttachments.png

Rob

Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott  thanks for your attention,

In "Start and wait for an approval" action, when I attach an item of OneDrive, Flow automatically applies the "Apply to each" value of OneDrive. With that, for each attachment, I would have more than one Approval action.

Below are the images for a better explanation. (My images are in portuguese):

flow-approval.jpg

flow-approval2.jpg

You can click the "T" button on the right and then pass an array of attachments.

You will need to build this array from your OneDrive content.

If you manually add 2 attachments in and then inspect the output of the action you will get the correct JSON format you require.

@Gristy I didn't find that button

Here is a screen capture.

Great, I'll check now the array of attachments

@Gristy , Did not work. Through Array, it only accepts actions that list folders or files in folder. In my flow, the approval needs to have attached a flow generated PDF and the attached OneDrive files. If I do it by the array, I can't attach the generated PDF with its content.

perhaps you can save out your files to a sharepoint folder and then do a get items on that, add to the approval action and then clean up afterwards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,366)