cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vallamreddyvenu
Frequent Visitor

How to set To and From addresses for the email messages entity using flow

Hi,

I am trying to create a new record in the Email Messages entity using the "Create Record" action of the Dynamics 365. I am able to set all the field values except the From and To fields. I tried passing the GUID of the contact recod and Email ID. But in both the cases, the records are being created but To and From Fields are blanks. 

Is there a way to populate these two fields using flow. your help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Venu

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vallamreddyvenu,

Do you use the trigger that When an email arrived?

I have tested on my side that, create a new record in the Email Message entity of Dynamic 365, it runs successfully, and the From field is not empty.Annotation 2019-10-01 145815.pngAnnotation 2019-10-01 145758.png

Could you please share your Flow configuration?

You could have a test that uses the compose action to find out To and From field whether is empty. Annotation 2019-10-01 145852.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply lin tu. Even in my case, the "sender" field in the input body is being sent, but the output body is having sender filed value as null.

Issue1.JPG

I have checked data in the system after the successful run of the flow, both to and from fields are blanks. Below the screenshots
Issue2.JPG

I am just passing the valid email in a plain text format to the from field in the create record action of the Email Messages. Below the screenshot

Issue3.JPG

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks for your help once again.

Regards,

Venu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (961)