cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vallamreddyvenu
Level: Powered On

How to set To and From addresses for the email messages entity using flow

Hi,

I am trying to create a new record in the Email Messages entity using the "Create Record" action of the Dynamics 365. I am able to set all the field values except the From and To fields. I tried passing the GUID of the contact recod and Email ID. But in both the cases, the records are being created but To and From Fields are blanks. 

Is there a way to populate these two fields using flow. your help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Venu

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to set To and From addresses for the email messages entity using flow

Hi @vallamreddyvenu,

Do you use the trigger that When an email arrived?

I have tested on my side that, create a new record in the Email Message entity of Dynamic 365, it runs successfully, and the From field is not empty.Annotation 2019-10-01 145815.pngAnnotation 2019-10-01 145758.png

Could you please share your Flow configuration?

You could have a test that uses the compose action to find out To and From field whether is empty. Annotation 2019-10-01 145852.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

vallamreddyvenu
Level: Powered On

Re: How to set To and From addresses for the email messages entity using flow

Thanks for your reply lin tu. Even in my case, the "sender" field in the input body is being sent, but the output body is having sender filed value as null.

Issue1.JPG

I have checked data in the system after the successful run of the flow, both to and from fields are blanks. Below the screenshots
Issue2.JPG

I am just passing the valid email in a plain text format to the from field in the create record action of the Email Messages. Below the screenshot

Issue3.JPG

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks for your help once again.

Regards,

Venu

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 264 members 5,520 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: