cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Anton_F
Frequent Visitor

How to set up two way relationships in lists with lookup

Hi,

I am trying to connect two list via lockup. Basically one is showing the company and one the contacts.
Setting this up one way is easy... What I want to do is that, when I add a contact with the lookup company as one of the fields -> then automatically the contacts column in the Company table should also show this contact and the link to it.

If tried several ways, but I can't get it to work in Power Automate. Is there a guide on how to do this?

I have also found an old guide that you can do this with list relationships, but the option seems to be gone in the current sharepoint version.

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Michael_Anton_F,

As an alternative I would recommend using Microsoft Dataverse for this type of data. It is honestly a bit better at relational data and the account and contact are out-of-the-box tables.

I don't know if Microsoft Dataverse is available in your environment? If so, it might be an option for you?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/customer-entities-account-contact

Thanks for the idea, I will check it out, but for now I need to use Lists. And there must be an option, I am either to dumb to find where they moved the button or it's called something else now. I can't imagine that this functionality has been removed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,977)