cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Anton_F
Frequent Visitor

How to set up two way relationships in lists with lookup

Hi,

I am trying to connect two list via lockup. Basically one is showing the company and one the contacts.
Setting this up one way is easy... What I want to do is that, when I add a contact with the lookup company as one of the fields -> then automatically the contacts column in the Company table should also show this contact and the link to it.

If tried several ways, but I can't get it to work in Power Automate. Is there a guide on how to do this?

I have also found an old guide that you can do this with list relationships, but the option seems to be gone in the current sharepoint version.

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Michael_Anton_F,

As an alternative I would recommend using Microsoft Dataverse for this type of data. It is honestly a bit better at relational data and the account and contact are out-of-the-box tables.

I don't know if Microsoft Dataverse is available in your environment? If so, it might be an option for you?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/customer-entities-account-contact

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Thanks for the idea, I will check it out, but for now I need to use Lists. And there must be an option, I am either to dumb to find where they moved the button or it's called something else now. I can't imagine that this functionality has been removed.

anpan

I am trying to do exactly the same with no success so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,157)