cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

How to setup Flow owners for teams?

I am creating a flow set up so that:

Microsoft Forms -> Log in Sharepoint -> Generate a word document based on Forms response data -> Notify Channel in Teams

I am currently the owner. However, I will be leaving soon. What is the proper way to set up a team Flow?

For example, would we set up a service account (flow@business.com) and then issue a Power Automate license to them? Would the service account also need an E3 license to use Sharepoint, Word, and Forms?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @robcarrs 

I'm not an expert on licensing, but I think you can achieve this in 3 ways:

1. Share the folder with other people in the team as owners. Then it becomes a "Team Flow."
  2. Send a copy to another person (this is worse since you're transferring the issue to another person)
  3. Make it a solution. Then you can give permissions to other members of the team.

I'll let other members indicate if any of these solutions may have issues.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Thanks @manuelstgomes , these are good solutions. 

But my problem centres around the licensing aspect. If I share the folder, whos license does it use?

We are wanting to pay the $15 a month so that we can generate a Word document (a contract based on the Forms responses). 

On top, when I go to 'embedded connections' it shows my personal details - when this gets transferred to a team whose connections do they use?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (32,356)