cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYTYwarrior
Regular Visitor

How to solve timezone issue with power automate

I have created a flow but getting below error please help

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Strategy_1' at line '1' and column '2799': 'The template language function 'convertToUtc' expects its second parameter to be a time zone matching the time zone indicated by the timestamp. The provided value '(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)' is not valid or does not match the timestamp '2020-02-24T15:30:00.0000000Z'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#ConvertToUtc for usage details.'

The value is
div(div(mul(sub(ticks(utcNow()),ticks(convertToUtc(items('Apply_to_each')?['column name'],'Arabian Standard Time'))),100),1000000000),60)

I think i have doing something wrong in arabian standard time also my entity column type is date time & behavior is userlocal.

TIA
2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MYTYwarrior 

Why don't you use the "Convert Timezone" action? Your formula is quite complicated and will become difficult to debug in the future. I recommend preparing the date that you want to convert and then running it through the "Convert Timezone" to have an easy way to check if the conversion is done properly.

Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 10.02.03.png

Simplicity is your friend here.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

LinnZawWin
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

You will have to use the name of the timezone (which is the 2nd column in the list in the link below) without any punctuation ("." in particular)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/973627/microsoft-time-zone-index-values

For your scenario, it should be 'Pacific Standard Time' instead of '(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,481)