cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bexibobs
Frequent Visitor

How to stop duplicate emails being sent for every due date notification?

Hello, 

Hoping someone can help.

I have a sharepoint list with policy titles, the owner of each policy (email format), and the due date for renewal.

I have created a flow that sends a reminder email each month to the relevant policy holder to notify them which of their policies are due within the next 60 days.

I have created a table to list all due policies in one email and this worked. However, for every policy due, it is sending a duplicate email to the policy owner (so when 5 polices are due, 5 emails are being sent). How do I stop the flow from repeating the "send email" action for every policy due? I feel that it may be due to the "apply to all" within the emails, but surely I need this for the dynamic content I have placed in the "To" box (Owners emails)?

Screenshots:

Flow 1.JPG

Flow 2_LI.jpg

Flow 3.JPG

Thank you,

Rebecca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bexibobs
Frequent Visitor

Just to update anyone reading this - I managed to resolve this issue by using this link:

https://tomriha.com/send-one-email-per-user-with-multiple-sharepoint-items-in-power-automate/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Bexibobs ,

Currently your flow will loop through all returned items in your list and send an email for each item.

To do what you want, you will need to perform some sort of grouping via loops.  Please have a look at this blog to do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi @eric-cheng ,

Thank your for sharing this, I have spent some time following the process on this blog. However, the process seems to miss out what should be placed in the "log UniqueNames" which looks like it may be a "Compose" data operation. Any idea what I should place in this step?

RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Bexibobs ,

Check out this video https://youtu.be/tp0jLnmKcEs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Bexibobs
Frequent Visitor

Just to update anyone reading this - I managed to resolve this issue by using this link:

https://tomriha.com/send-one-email-per-user-with-multiple-sharepoint-items-in-power-automate/

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,281)