cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenmonsta
Level: Powered On

How to sync drives

Newbie here. Just started using flow.

I have created a flow using the template to sync a business drive and a personal drive. It works at the root level but if I add a file to a sub folder under the main folder it does not seem to pick that up. Do I have a create a flow for each sub folder? Is there a way to do it all at the main folder level?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to sync drives

Hi @greenmonsta ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the search box when you search the "When a file is created" trigger of Onedrive for business connector?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Could you be more specific about exactly which template you used?  I'm not seeing a template using the title you described and its hard to help without knowing more specifics of the flow involved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
greenmonsta

Yes. I used "Copy new files to OneDrive from a OneDrive for Busniness folder". It works at the main folder level but not at the sub folders under it. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @greenmonsta ,

You needn't created flow for each folder.

There are two triggers with name "When a file is created" of Onedrive connector, please choose the one which contain the Include Subfolders field and then you could set the Include Subfolders field to yes to achieve your needs:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

greenmonsta

I don't see that option. How do I get to it? This is all I see.

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @greenmonsta ,

Please refer to screenshot below to add the trigger and choose the first "When a file is created" trigger of Onedrive connector.

1.png 

Best regards,

Alice       

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

YOu're pointing at the wrong trigger in the image.  That's the one for OneDrive consumer.  The question is about OneDrive for business.  That's the trigger about two below the one you circle.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @greenmonsta ,

If you are use the Onedrive for business connector, please choose the second "When a file is created" trigger of Onedrive for business connector:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Highlighted
greenmonsta

I am missing something. No matter how I go about this I don't get the subfolder option you show above. Clearly it's there, I just don't know how to get to it. Is there a different version of flow that I need?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Two possiblities

1) You need to click the Advanced Options dropdown to see folder setting. Did you expand the advanced options?

2) Since you built this from a template it may be using an older version of the trigger which might not have the folder setting. You may have to replace the trigger with the one mentioned in a previous post to get the folder setting.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @greenmonsta ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the search box when you search the "When a file is created" trigger of Onedrive for business connector?

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

greenmonsta

Got it. User error....That sub folder option only comes up when you select onedrive for buisness. It does not come up when you select ondrive. I find that strange but anyway I was not selecting the business onedrive. Thank you so much for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,905)