cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to upadte CDS case record once it is create

I have a requirement to trigger power automate when record is created, immediately update the same record.

I tried using CDS trigger "When record is created" and added action "update record" underneath it ,but not able to supply unique identifier of the record.

Does anybody aware about how to update created record using flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: How to upadte CDS case record once it is create

You are looking for the primary key, but it looks like it has been customised in your environment.

Open the default solution in make.powerapps.com, find the Case entity

Filter the Datatype to unique identifier, this is the field you are looking for, the Display name should be what is listed in your flow action

Pink is the description in your flow, yellow is the type of field you are looking forPink is the description in your flow, yellow is the type of field you are looking for

Pink is what should be displayed in flow, yellow is the field type you are looking for

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

You should be able to get the case Id from the incoming trigger record, called Case in OOTB configuration. Then in the update record, choose the fields you need to update

Annotation 2020-05-30 120552.png

Highlighted

Thanks for your quick response!

I tried this but wasn't able to see the option. I'll try again and let you know.

Highlighted

PFB screenshot , I'm not able to find any unique identifier in the list.

You screenshot shows adding a dynamical value in the record identifier , is there any other way to achieve it?

d.PNG

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

You are looking for the primary key, but it looks like it has been customised in your environment.

Open the default solution in make.powerapps.com, find the Case entity

Filter the Datatype to unique identifier, this is the field you are looking for, the Display name should be what is listed in your flow action

Pink is the description in your flow, yellow is the type of field you are looking forPink is the description in your flow, yellow is the type of field you are looking for

Pink is what should be displayed in flow, yellow is the field type you are looking for

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you so much  LinkeD365 .You have explained it nicely.

I was misleading myself to add Case value because of it's description given ( lk_incident_ChildIncidentCount )  but that is the only unique key which I should have added and tested first.

Thanks again for you valuable time..:) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,777)