cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to update SharePoint item using Flow with SharePoint URL and SharePoint List being dynamically passed as parameters from PowerApps

Hi,

Since my PowerApp is using different SharePoint sites as the source for SharePoitn Lists I wanted to be able to send the SharePoint URL and List name as a parameter to a Flow. 

The problem is thet once I change the hardcoded SharePointURL and List name within "Update item" action in the Flow there is no way I can specifiy which fields have to be updated. The Flow does not know what kind of list items it will be dealing with, so it's not able to list the columns and allow to assign the new value.

Is there a way to overcome this? Or everytime I need to move the PowerApp and Flows between different environments (different tenant or just a different SharePoint with List) I need to manual modify the Flows to point "UpdateItem" action to proper SharePoint Site anand list. Is there any way to avoid those manual changes when moving to different environemnt?

Regards

Marcin Jemiol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dzemiol,

I am afraid that your needs may not be realized at the moment.

The reason is that if you want to configure the specified field in Update item action, you must specify the site address and list name.

Only if a fixed site and list name are configured, the corresponding fields can be displayed.

If you configure these two fields with undefined values such as Dynamic content or variables, the Update item action is not configured properly.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dzemiol,

I am afraid that your needs may not be realized at the moment.

The reason is that if you want to configure the specified field in Update item action, you must specify the site address and list name.

Only if a fixed site and list name are configured, the corresponding fields can be displayed.

If you configure these two fields with undefined values such as Dynamic content or variables, the Update item action is not configured properly.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,881)