cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magh

How to update an existing excel table with name and email from Forms answers to add informations

Good morning,

I'm a new Power automate user. I have been able to use a Form we did to create an excel and add a row for each Forms answer.

But we need something more and I really don't know which action to use in Power Automate.

This is the context :

We create and send a Forms to invite people to an event. We have a list of the people to invite in an excel document already.

We would like that, each time one of this guest answer to our Forms, it adds his/her answer to the line of his/her name. To be sure it's the good person I want to use the email of our guest list to recognize and add his/her answer and other information in the same line.

Not sure if it's clear (it is in my mind I promise).

Do you have any advice? Do I have to use update a row? If yes what to choose in Key value and Key column?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Magh 

See my example below and let me know if you have any questions.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Depending on your Form, you may be able tto get the email address from the Form without having a question for it.  Also, I think the comparison on email address may be case sensitive, but I haven't tested that in a while...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Magh 

See my example below and let me know if you have any questions.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Depending on your Form, you may be able tto get the email address from the Form without having a question for it.  Also, I think the comparison on email address may be case sensitive, but I haven't tested that in a while...

Scott
Magh

It works! Thank you so much!

Hi Scott,

We did some tests. That works perfectly if people use the same email we have in our list. But that didn't work if they use another email. Which action can we used to be sure that people not in our list will be added in the excel document. Is Add a row in a table will do it (but only after it checks for the update action). Can you help me?

Thanks

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Magh 

You'll need to first use a List rows in a table action with a filter query - filter on the email address,  Then add a condition - if no records are returned from the list rows action, add a row using the Add a row to a table action.    Otherwise, update the row as you are doing now.

Let me know if you need an example.

Scott

Oh yes I need an example. Your 1st message was very easy for me to understand with an exemple. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Scott,

I have tried to do it after your message and that doesn't work. I take a few screen capture. Could you help me to understand why it doesn't work?

Thanks

Test RSVP1.PNGTest RSVP2.PNGTest RSVP3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,788)