cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Flow to set list item permissions like a SPD app step

Hi

The other day I made a reusable flow that allows you to set item permissions in the same manner that could be done using Sharepoint Designer workflows. This is useful when you have a flow action where you want to change the permission so the flow orioginator cannot modify later. I did it using oAuth app principals and the SharePoint REST API.

Depending on your level of experience, this is either quite straightforward or mind-bendingly complex. As a result if I wrote it up in a blog series I could end up writing a lot of large articles covering various foundation topics that some people will not be interested in. 

So instead I have recorded a high level video of the solution and am interested in your feedbck. Rather that write a heap of articles now, I will further explain it based on your feedback from this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-vvlPXv8rc

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paul_culmsee,

Thanks a lot for your sharing I found it really useful. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cheers Paul - I found that very informative and would be interested in any further videos or blogs you undertake within the O365 / SharePoint world. Video is a great medium for this kind of thing, and this is well paced with good explanations and a simple, workable example. Many thanks.

Paul CJ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (2,272)