cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luoqilei

How to use Power Automate to create a flow to automatically save specific email attachment to sharepoint from group mail box?

This is my first time use the Power Automate to create a flow to Save attachments to a SharePoint when an email arrives to a Groups mailbox, and there is a template generated as below screenshot. Is there any instructions/detail steps to update the template? I would like to only save specific emails (with attachment) that received in the group mailbox instead for all the emails, how I should create the flow? Thank you!

luoqilei_0-1649304234920.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@luoqilei ,

Fortunately, in this case, you can configure in a easy way some condition for the flow to be triggered. For that, go to advanced options:

gabibalaban_1-1649312973478.png

and you'll find some options including the one you are looking for:

gabibalaban_2-1649313058059.png

There is another option to control the flow to be triggered, but you need some advanced skills in Power Automate. If you go to ... of the trigger and then to Settings, you can find trigger conditions, but as I said you need some advanced skills to define a conditions here. 

gabibalaban_3-1649313289941.png

Hope it helps ! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@luoqilei ,

Fortunately, in this case, you can configure in a easy way some condition for the flow to be triggered. For that, go to advanced options:

gabibalaban_1-1649312973478.png

and you'll find some options including the one you are looking for:

gabibalaban_2-1649313058059.png

There is another option to control the flow to be triggered, but you need some advanced skills in Power Automate. If you go to ... of the trigger and then to Settings, you can find trigger conditions, but as I said you need some advanced skills to define a conditions here. 

gabibalaban_3-1649313289941.png

Hope it helps ! 

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @luoqilei 

> I would like to only save specific emails (with attachment) that received in the group mailbox instead for all the emails

Please explain why did you decide that this template saves _all the emails_?

Why do you think you have to modify the template flow?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @gabibalaban,

a topic starter uses another trigger 😉

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Thank you! These are really helpful! and a follow up if I choose to use the template - Create SharePoint item and send email when email arrives in shared mailbox, besides the screenshot you mentioned above, there are a couple step below (as the screenshot) that I am not really using these to create an email, but I think my whole purpose is just to save the attachments received from the shared mailbox (from particular email address) and then automatically save to the target folder in a sharepoint, but not sure how I can create the flow here? 

luoqilei_0-1649429283604.png

sorry, here is the screenshot I mentioned

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (4,391)