cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to use a flow in multiple SharePoint libraries?

I created some approval flows in one SharePoint library (select item, request approval) - and can access them from the flows drop down menu in SharePoint.  How do I make these flows available in other document libraries in the same SharePoint site?  You'd think it would be easy...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: How to use a flow in multiple SharePoint libraries?

I want to do your issue, too. that create new flow for SharePoint Documents from the flow of other SharePoint Documents.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lachlan,

For different Library, you may need to create the flow from scratch.

Currently there is no "Copy" option available for the Flows created, and if you would like this feature to be added in the future, then please consider submit this as an idea, in the Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Lachlan and @v-micsh-msft,

Even though Michael is correct there is no Copy option available in Flow at this moment, there are some better options rather than building your flow from scratch for each library. You can submit your Flow as template (when it ran on one of the libraries succesfully at least), though it will than be publicy available as a template (if approved). 
A better and quicker option is to Export the Flow to a .ZIP file (I tried it with .ZIP and that worked) and make sure the Import setup option in the Review Package Content section is changed from Update to Create as new. After the export is done, you can go to the MyFlows screen, hit the Import button and select the export file. Make the necessary changes to the import and make it import. Even if the Flow is imported, you can still change the Name and settings. Just change the Name and paths within the Flow to the correct ones and it should work.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Since HTTP is now a Premium connector, it will be great if Microsoft created a Flow to call other flows, or the possibility to use one Flow across multiple Libraries / Sites.

The idea has been already proposed, and needs sufficient number of Votes for it to be considered..

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Deploying-a-Singular-Flow-across-Multiple-S...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (6,985)