cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
affanch
Level: Powered On

How to use alias account with Outlook Email with Options?

Hello everyone,

Can we use alias account from the following actions

'Send email with options' and 'Approvals'

Currently I am able to use alias account in the action 'Send Email' but I am unable to find the 'send as' tab in the above mentioned actions.

Could you please help me find this option or share a workaround for this? I want all the emails from my flows to be using the alias account.

Regards,

Affan

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to use alias account with Outlook Email with Options?

Hi @affanch 

You cannot change the sender for the send an email with options (By alias, do you mean using a service account? You can use that connection by changing the connection for the particular action)

For the approvals, you can try using the Requestor field for that : 

A112.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

affanch
Level: Powered On

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thank you for your response. I currently have an alias to my primary account i.e. just an additional email address associated to my primary outlook account. I think this is why I don't see it as connection?

The requestor option in the approval action sends the email from my account but includes the email of the requestor, adding additional text as 'on behalf of'.

Creating a flow using a service account will solve my issue then?

Regards,

Affan

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @affanch 

So the flow will always run with the account connection that you have provided (for approvals and outlook also). For a general email account i.e., a service account that is used across the organisation you can provide that connection and the flow will always use it as long as it is selected for the particular action. Then you can also add the requested by to send the on behalf of by the service account (Makes Sense?)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 290 members 5,583 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: