cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yellow_Snow
Frequent Visitor

How to use an excel function in flow

Is there a way to use write a function in excel from flow? I try to use the function "=ROW()-1", but it does not automatically result in the row number. Instead, the excel sheet gives me the error "#NAME?". As you can see in the picture, the function is written correctly (In Norwegian), and when I go in manually, select one cell and press enter, all the error messages are fixed, as you can see in the second illustration. 

Excel problem.png      Excel problem2.png

When I manually activate the functions, I can use the integers for further calculations in Flow. This does hower not happen without me manually activating it. 

This is a problem as I want to use the resulting value for further calculations in Flow. In Flow, I add the function using the "Add a row into a table" block illustrated below. The added value inside the red ring, is a string variable illustrated in the second picture below.  

Flow kode.pngFlow kode2.png

Can someone help me with this, making my functions run automatically in excel? 

Best, Andreas

3 REPLIES 3
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

@Yellow_Snow 

According to this post, one year ago the scenario you want to deploy was not supported

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Insert-formula-in-cell-in-a-excel-quot-add-a-row-...

Let's hope somebody else can point us to the right direction, in case it is currently supported

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thank you for the answer! Hopefully there is a way, or maybe they are working on it. Functions in Excel are superb.

- Andreas

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem, I need the flow to insert the function = TODAY (), however when triggering the flow, excel presents the error #NAME?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (74,565)