cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarroyo1
Helper I
Helper I

How to use the File system Connector, Copy File

I'm trying to copy a file from OFB to my local file share.  I've set up an on-premise gateway and use "File System / Copy File".  I get error messages when flow runs: 

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Copy_file' inputs at line '1' and column '2689': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_filesystem_1']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_filesystem_1' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline, shared_onedriveforbusiness'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Can someone share how they set up the Copy File parameters?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had added the File System Connector after I had already created the Flow and was testing it by using data from previous runs.  I needed to manually trigger the Flow again and test using the new data for it to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @rarroyo1 

Are you using powerapps to trigger the Flow? (Just by looking at the error statement I am guessing you are). In that case, you must have added an action after adding the flow to a powerapps control. This is a known issue for such cases and the remedy is to remove the flow from the control in powerapps and re-add it over there. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

i'm not using powerapps

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @rarroyo1 

Alright! Can you post a screenshot of the Flow and the action on which the error is popping? That way we might be able to better identify the issue and assist you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I discovered that Copy File just copies a file with Source and Target on my local file system.  It doesn't download a file from SharePoint on OneDrive to my file system, which is what I wanted to do.

I had added the File System Connector after I had already created the Flow and was testing it by using data from previous runs.  I needed to manually trigger the Flow again and test using the new data for it to work.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,364)