Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkLagan
Frequent Visitor

How to use the Get events and Update Events with Microsoft Flow

Hi FlowTeam

Good Day ! I need help

I have a problem wherein I want to update an existing "event calendar" thru Microsoft Flow.

Scenario

I used Microsoft Forms as a trigger, that every time a new response is submitted, I will update an event in my calendar ( Required Attendees) specifically depending on the event they choose in my Forms. 

In the update event : I will set it or update it to the email of the respondent. So that the user who fill up the forms will be added to the event

FLow Event Issue.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarkLagan,

The event id needs to be configured when configuring Update event, but it seem to that your Flow configuration does not have an action that can determine the id of the event.

Get events can only get all events if you don't configure advanced options.

I want to know the details of the options for the user of your Microsoft Forms configuration. Is the name of the event or something?

You could try to configure Get events-Filter Query through the content submitted by the user to get the corresponding event, and fill the obtained event id into the Update event. The premise is that the options set on the Form contain information that can filter out the specified event.

Finally, add the Responder's Email to the Required attendees.

Take a try or provide more details so we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GabrielStJohn
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @MarkLagan!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-bacao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (72,076)