Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to use the Get events and Update Events with Microsoft Flow

Hi FlowTeam

Good Day ! I need help

I have a problem wherein I want to update an existing "event calendar" thru Microsoft Flow.

Scenario

I used Microsoft Forms as a trigger, that every time a new response is submitted, I will update an event in my calendar ( Required Attendees) specifically depending on the event they choose in my Forms. 

In the update event : I will set it or update it to the email of the respondent. So that the user who fill up the forms will be added to the event

FLow Event Issue.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to use the Get events and Update Events with Microsoft Flow

Hi @MarkLagan,

The event id needs to be configured when configuring Update event, but it seem to that your Flow configuration does not have an action that can determine the id of the event.

Get events can only get all events if you don't configure advanced options.

I want to know the details of the options for the user of your Microsoft Forms configuration. Is the name of the event or something?

You could try to configure Get events-Filter Query through the content submitted by the user to get the corresponding event, and fill the obtained event id into the Update event. The premise is that the options set on the Form contain information that can filter out the specified event.

Finally, add the Responder's Email to the Required attendees.

Take a try or provide more details so we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to use the Get events and Update Events with Microsoft Flow

Hello, @MarkLagan!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-bacao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,158)