cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IC
Helper I
Helper I

How would I know if the flow stop or Cancelled or finished?

Hi I've been wondering how I would know if the flow had stop already or have been cancelled.  In the flow I can see the settings History and I guessed the top one is the latest run history.  I cancelled it and the rest below it but still seems the flow is running.  I have do until which I am testing trying to learn the behavior of it which involves sending email. Now I have 57,000 email and I exceeded my sending quota in O365.  Until now im still receiving the email.  I just need someone to confirm with me how to stop or cancell the the flow the right way.  Thanks!

Regards,

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi IC,

About how to cancel flow runs, this blog would be a good reference for you:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/managing-runs/

From this blog we know that cancelling a flow run will prevent any future actions in that run from executing (although actions which have already happened, such as sending an email, may have completed).

When a flow run is cancelled, it won’t affect other runs. For a simple test, I created a flow likes below with approval action. When a flow run was cancelled, “Cancelled” would be displayed on the Run history. While it won’t affect the following runs. Please check the following screenshot.

3.PNG

Hope this could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi IC,

About how to cancel flow runs, this blog would be a good reference for you:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/managing-runs/

From this blog we know that cancelling a flow run will prevent any future actions in that run from executing (although actions which have already happened, such as sending an email, may have completed).

When a flow run is cancelled, it won’t affect other runs. For a simple test, I created a flow likes below with approval action. When a flow run was cancelled, “Cancelled” would be displayed on the Run history. While it won’t affect the following runs. Please check the following screenshot.

3.PNG

Hope this could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi, 

I created a flow on the site but i've been getting notifications from my people that the flow was cancelled. I checked in with the steps provided but none of which appears on the list. No cancelled runs as well. Are there any steps/process that I can take?

Thanks,

Madox

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (52,459)