cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfarsund
Level: Powered On

I WANT all mails to come from the creator of the flow

Hi everyone, 

My flow sends an email and is triggered through a powerapp.

The issue is that the mails are sent from the account of the powerapps-user and I want them to be sent from the account of the creator of the flow (or another specified email) - i.e, from one mail only. 

If the solution is to add an external mail in the "Send as" property in the advanced options - is all of the users required to have permission to send from this mail? or is it enough that the creator of the flow has permission to send from this mail?

My flow is connected to Office 365 connector only. 

In this forum it seems like everyone else has the opposite problem - they want to send the mails as someone else, and not the creator.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: I WANT all mails to come from the creator of the flow

Hey @tfarsund 

If you trigger a flow from PowerApps, all the connections to the actions in the Flow will be used of the user that is triggering the flow from the PowerApp control. 

To send all emails from one account only, you can setup a shared mailbox and provide all these users (the ones who have access to the app) as members of that Shared Mail box and in the flow, replace the send an email action with send an email from a shared mailbox action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @tfarsund 

If you trigger a flow from PowerApps, all the connections to the actions in the Flow will be used of the user that is triggering the flow from the PowerApp control. 

To send all emails from one account only, you can setup a shared mailbox and provide all these users (the ones who have access to the app) as members of that Shared Mail box and in the flow, replace the send an email action with send an email from a shared mailbox action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

tfarsund

hi @yashag2255 , thanks for the quick reply.

This would have done the trick for me, except all my mails are in HTML format and the shared mailbox action does not seem to support HTML (there is no "is HTML" toggle in this action).. any ideas? 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @tfarsund 

In the screenshot below, click on the code view and you can provide HTML input to the email body for the shared mail action: ee6.PNG

Hope this Helps!

tfarsund

@yashag2255 , thanks!
Just to be sure, even though the codeview button is greyed out, it will interpret the input from powerapp as HTML?

image.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @tfarsund 

For some reason, in mine it does not grey out. 

ee33.PNG

Can you test out if it works as expected? or try adding the <p> </p> tags to it and check if you face any issues. 

Hope this Helps!

tfarsund

@yashag2255, it does not grey out if I add "<p></p>", but as my input is already in html-format (it is a Html-text in powerapps, easy to use with the regular Send email activity in flow since "Is HTML" can then be sent into the form as true/false) this should not be necessary and it makes me a bit concerned that it greys out without it. 

I'll check it out when I have a shared mailbox to test with - im developing using a clients user, I guess I have to talk to IT. 

Hope it works - if not I'll probably reach out again - thank you for the help this far! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,631)