cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Isatol
Level: Powered On

I have an error InvalidTemplate when updating a list in sharepoint

I followed this tutorial http:/ /www. c-sharpcorner. com/article/how-to-auto-increment-an-existing-column-in-sharepoint-online-o365-using-flow/

And it worked, my purpose was to generate consecutive ID in a string, that is: AAA-001, AAA-002. 

Now, it just shows an error like this:

Captura10.JPG

My list have a column "Porcentaje" with styles, of type Numeric, I suspect that column may be, 
but I have no idea what else it can be. Yesterday, for example, it worked well

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I have an error InvalidTemplate when updating a list in sharepoint

Hi @Isatol,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list? Which column is filled with the generate consecutive ID?

Further, could you please translate your error message into english language?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure as below:7.JPG

Note: The Incremental Value column is a Single line of text type column, which is used to store the generate consecutive ID.

If you want to generate a consecutive ID (such as, AAA-001) within your flow and update it to your SharePoint list item, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created" trigger, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable" action, Name set to ID, Type set to Integer and Value set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable 2" action, Name set to Prefix, Type set to String and Value set to AAA.
  • Add a "Increment variable" action, Name set to ID, Value set to 1.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable 3" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Type set to String and Value set to empty.
  • Add a Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@less(variables('ID'), 9)
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Compose" action, Inputs set to following formula:
concat(variables('Prefix'),'-','00',variables('ID'))

Add a "Set variable" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Value set to output of "Compose" action.

• Within "If/no" branch of Condition, add a Condition 2, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@and(greater(variables('ID'), 9),lessOrEquals(variables('ID'), 99))

Within "If/yes" branch of Condition 2, add a "Compose 2" action, Inputs set to following formula:

concat(variables('Prefix'),'-','0',variables('ID'))

Add a "Set variable 2" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Value set to output of "Compose 2" action.

Within "If/no" branch of Condition 2, add a "Compose 3" action, Inputs set to following formula:

concat(variables('Prefix'),'-',variables('ID'))

Add a "Set variable 3" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Value set to output of "Compose 3" action.

• Under Condition action, add a "Update item" action, Incremental Value field set to Consecutive ID variable.

Image reference:

Full Screenshot:

8.JPG

Details Screenshot:

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:13.JPG

14.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please provide more details! How exactly is the erroneous step defined? How is the column you are trying to work on in that step defined?

You say that you want to increase the sequence "AAA-001", "AAA-002", etc. but then you mention something about the style being numeric - which as far as I understand does not allow alphabetic letters!

So more details are needed for us to understand your issue and the best way to help you move forward 🙂

Kind regards, John

Isatol

Hello!.

Look. I have initialize variable of type Int with value SharePoint ID, then initialize a variable of type String, with value AAA, then i incresed the variable ID to 1. And finally i have an action of Sharepoint to update the item. I discovered that the error was in the concatenate function between AAA variable and Sharepoint ID, because i erased the function and it worked again.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Cheers! 🙂

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Isatol,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list? Which column is filled with the generate consecutive ID?

Further, could you please translate your error message into english language?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure as below:7.JPG

Note: The Incremental Value column is a Single line of text type column, which is used to store the generate consecutive ID.

If you want to generate a consecutive ID (such as, AAA-001) within your flow and update it to your SharePoint list item, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created" trigger, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable" action, Name set to ID, Type set to Integer and Value set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable 2" action, Name set to Prefix, Type set to String and Value set to AAA.
  • Add a "Increment variable" action, Name set to ID, Value set to 1.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable 3" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Type set to String and Value set to empty.
  • Add a Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@less(variables('ID'), 9)
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Compose" action, Inputs set to following formula:
concat(variables('Prefix'),'-','00',variables('ID'))

Add a "Set variable" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Value set to output of "Compose" action.

• Within "If/no" branch of Condition, add a Condition 2, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@and(greater(variables('ID'), 9),lessOrEquals(variables('ID'), 99))

Within "If/yes" branch of Condition 2, add a "Compose 2" action, Inputs set to following formula:

concat(variables('Prefix'),'-','0',variables('ID'))

Add a "Set variable 2" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Value set to output of "Compose 2" action.

Within "If/no" branch of Condition 2, add a "Compose 3" action, Inputs set to following formula:

concat(variables('Prefix'),'-',variables('ID'))

Add a "Set variable 3" action, Name set to Consecutive ID, Value set to output of "Compose 3" action.

• Under Condition action, add a "Update item" action, Incremental Value field set to Consecutive ID variable.

Image reference:

Full Screenshot:

8.JPG

Details Screenshot:

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:13.JPG

14.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Isatol

I will try your solutions, because it is more complete than mine. Here are my screenshots of my flow:

Captura.JPG1Captura2.JPG2Captura4.JPG4

The result is HAC-20, HAC-21.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 125 members 5,313 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: