cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hsoto7
Frequent Visitor

I need to export email data from a shared outlook inbox to excel in bulk

Dear Automate Community, 

I recently got my flow throttled by IT due to the fact it ran A LOT so I'm looking for a more efficient way to do the exact same thing I was doing before without utilizing too many flows. 

Flow Description: When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox > Add row into a table 

Excel table columns necessary: (Title :To: From: CC: Subject: Body: Timestamp)

My managers and I have now come to depend on our ability to count and analyze email data in bulk to justify and drive process improvement projects, within our center so I'm really in a bind and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

p.s. I've also tried to the non-flow way of exporting data from outlooking into an excel file, except I can't seem to figure out a way to get the timestamp which is a crucial part of this whole project 

Regards, 

Hugo 

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Hsoto7 

Indeed that's an issue if the shared inbox get's a lot of emails.

The issue here is that it's a shared email box. That limits what we can do because otherwise, we could use a recurrence trigger and only fetch the emails a few times a day.

Your solution is the only one I can see at the moment due to the limitations of the shared mailboxes. 

I checked, and there's an answer from Microsoft's people saying that this is an idea but not implemented yet:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Get-Emails-from-Shared-Mailbox/td-p/86430

But let's try this one that I must warn you, is quite complex.

1. Change the trigger for a recurrent trigger
  2. Set it to run every X hours
  3. Fetch the emails from those hours. To do so here's an article (this is the tricky part) https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Get-email-from-shared-mailbox-Invalid-Mai...
  4. Then add the files to your Excel.

With this, you'll have only a few runs a day instead of hundreds. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Courtney1

Hugo,

Did you ever a figure out a resolution to this?

Thanks,

Courtney

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (29,502)