cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJ1200
Frequent Visitor

I need top copy a file based on a SP Get File property filter but it's not working

I have manually triggered Flow that needs to copy 2 files for PDF conversion to OneDrive.  I have them in a parallel flow, one pulls list data into a Word doc - that bit works perfectly.  The other is copying a pptx to the same OD4B folder for conversion. That bit fails.  Just the copy - not worried about conversion.   I'm using Get Files (properties only) as I need to filter on 2 of the content type fields - ProjectID and DocType   I have a filter that looks like this (PRID is a field selected from the Get File action):

'ProjectID' eq PRID and DocumentType eq 'PPT'

• The file is not copied yet the flow shows as running successfully. 
  • The parallel branch runs flawlessly.
  • The columns shown are indexed, but we only have a handful of test projects present.
  • A project should have only 2 or 3 docs, and only one of the type I'm looking for. 

It gets put into an Apply to each block, but I'm not sure if I'm getting this right.  Should I have the lower block nested in the upper?  It only creates one file.

FJ1200_0-1626183506159.png

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@FJ1200 

The first thing you need to do is to take a look at the output of a run and see what actually is happening.  That will provide some insight as to your issue.

It looks to me like your Create file and Convert file actions should be immediately after the Get file content action and not in another loop.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (947)