cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iivanov
Level: Powered On

IF statement for floats and Azure DevOps (ADO)

Hello,

I am trying to use Flow to add multiple numbers (floats) together and I need to use an IF statement on every field I want to add together because not all the values are required in Azure DevOps.

Here's an example IF statement:

if(empty(body('Get_work_item_details')?['fields']?['Custom_SpInFormsIncorrect']), 0, body('Get_work_item_details')?['fields']?['Custom_SpInFormsIncorrect'])

Unfortunately, the IF statement/empty() function in Flow will only work with integers, strings, and arrays.

Flow floats.PNG

Any ideas on how to mitigate?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: IF statement for floats and Azure DevOps (ADO)

Hey @iivanov 

You can use the string function to convert the body (the float value to a string and compare and then update the variable accordingly)

Expression:

if(empty(string(variables('e'))),0,variables('e'))

f11.PNG

f111.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @iivanov,

Since the variable only support integer, you can convert it into a string by using the String() function.Annotation 2019-10-22 154746.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @iivanov 

You can use the string function to convert the body (the float value to a string and compare and then update the variable accordingly)

Expression:

if(empty(string(variables('e'))),0,variables('e'))

f11.PNG

f111.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @iivanov 

Were you able to resolve? If this issue is resolved, please mark the response that helped you as 'Accept as Solution'. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,153)