cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

IF statement for floats and Azure DevOps (ADO)

Hello,

I am trying to use Flow to add multiple numbers (floats) together and I need to use an IF statement on every field I want to add together because not all the values are required in Azure DevOps.

Here's an example IF statement:

if(empty(body('Get_work_item_details')?['fields']?['Custom_SpInFormsIncorrect']), 0, body('Get_work_item_details')?['fields']?['Custom_SpInFormsIncorrect'])

Unfortunately, the IF statement/empty() function in Flow will only work with integers, strings, and arrays.

Flow floats.PNG

Any ideas on how to mitigate?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: IF statement for floats and Azure DevOps (ADO)

Hey @iivanov 

You can use the string function to convert the body (the float value to a string and compare and then update the variable accordingly)

Expression:

if(empty(string(variables('e'))),0,variables('e'))

f11.PNG

f111.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iivanov,

Since the variable only support integer, you can convert it into a string by using the String() function.Annotation 2019-10-22 154746.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @iivanov 

You can use the string function to convert the body (the float value to a string and compare and then update the variable accordingly)

Expression:

if(empty(string(variables('e'))),0,variables('e'))

f11.PNG

f111.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @iivanov 

Were you able to resolve? If this issue is resolved, please mark the response that helped you as 'Accept as Solution'. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (3,687)