Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

If Bigger Date

Hey all,

I'm using Microsoft Flows, and I want to know if the date 1 is bigger than date 2, but it is not working:

@greater(formatDateTimeitems('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))

it gives me this error:

The template validation failed: 'The template action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '1604' is not valid: "Unable to parse template language expression 'greater(formatDateTimeitems('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))': expected token 'EndOfData' and actual 'Comma'.".'.

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: If Bigger Date

Hi @ Sababneh,

Could you please share more details about the error?

What is the type of the “OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate” column and “OData__PipeDealVisitedDate” column?

I found that your expression is missing a parenthesis “(” , you could add a “(” in your expression as below:

@greater(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Please check the expression that you used in your flow.

I have create a flow add use the expression above as screenshot below:

1.png

The flow would run successfully as below:

2.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ Sababneh,

Could you please share more details about the error?

What is the type of the “OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate” column and “OData__PipeDealVisitedDate” column?

I found that your expression is missing a parenthesis “(” , you could add a “(” in your expression as below:

@greater(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Please check the expression that you used in your flow.

I have create a flow add use the expression above as screenshot below:

1.png

The flow would run successfully as below:

2.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you @v-yuazh-msft

It worked just fine 🙂

Btw the columns were Date Type.

Thank you again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,608)