Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

If Bigger Date

Hey all,

I'm using Microsoft Flows, and I want to know if the date 1 is bigger than date 2, but it is not working:

@greater(formatDateTimeitems('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))

it gives me this error:

The template validation failed: 'The template action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '1604' is not valid: "Unable to parse template language expression 'greater(formatDateTimeitems('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))': expected token 'EndOfData' and actual 'Comma'.".'.

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: If Bigger Date

Hi @ Sababneh,

Could you please share more details about the error?

What is the type of the “OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate” column and “OData__PipeDealVisitedDate” column?

I found that your expression is missing a parenthesis “(” , you could add a “(” in your expression as below:

@greater(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Please check the expression that you used in your flow.

I have create a flow add use the expression above as screenshot below:

1.png

The flow would run successfully as below:

2.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ Sababneh,

Could you please share more details about the error?

What is the type of the “OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate” column and “OData__PipeDealVisitedDate” column?

I found that your expression is missing a parenthesis “(” , you could add a “(” in your expression as below:

@greater(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeExpectedVisitDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['OData__PipeDealVisitedDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Please check the expression that you used in your flow.

I have create a flow add use the expression above as screenshot below:

1.png

The flow would run successfully as below:

2.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you @v-yuazh-msft

It worked just fine 🙂

Btw the columns were Date Type.

Thank you again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,371)