cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

If I turn off a running Flow, will it keep running?

I have a Flow that is currently running. If I turn it off (so that it won't be triggered again), will it keep running? It is an approval flow for a large number of items, and I don't want it to run again while some items are still out for approval. But I don't want to turn it off if that will disrupt the run.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hilary_stoupa,

I have made a test on my side, if you add a "Start an approval" action to send an approval email within your flow, then you turn off this flow when the flow is running, this flow run would keep running until the approver makes a response to this approval request or the "Start an approval" action times out.

There is a limitation in the Run duration of a single flow run, the max Run duration of a single flow run is 30 days. After 30 days, if the approver still doesn't make a response to this approval request, the "Start an approval" action would time out.

More details about the limits in Run duration and retention of a single flow run, please check the following article:

Run duration and retention

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hilary_stoupa,

I have made a test on my side, if you add a "Start an approval" action to send an approval email within your flow, then you turn off this flow when the flow is running, this flow run would keep running until the approver makes a response to this approval request or the "Start an approval" action times out.

There is a limitation in the Run duration of a single flow run, the max Run duration of a single flow run is 30 days. After 30 days, if the approver still doesn't make a response to this approval request, the "Start an approval" action would time out.

More details about the limits in Run duration and retention of a single flow run, please check the following article:

Run duration and retention

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much - I should have thought about setting up an approval flow for testing purposes. I also appreciate the link to the documentation, that will be useful for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,235)