cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If Logic in a Flow

Hello,

I am trying to use an if formula to determine what a field will be set to in one of my flows. My formula does not seem to be working and I can't figure out why. Do the if statements need to written a different way?

Right now my formula is:

If(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Needs_to_be_Generated__c'] = true, "Need term sheet", If(triggerBody()?['Milestones__c'] = true, "Milestones need to be approved", If(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Generated__c'] = true, "Waiting on App Submission", If(triggerBody()?['Info_Ready_to_be_Reviewed__c'] = true, "Documents Need to Generated", If(triggerBody()?['Docs_Created__c'] = true, "Out for Signing", If(triggerBody()?['Legal_Agreement_Process_Done__c'] = true, "Completed", "Waiting for Materials"))))))
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi chartergrowth,

You may take the following function for a reference:

if(equals(triggerBody()?['Approved_x003f_'],bool('True')),'need term sheet',if(equals(triggerBody()?['Test2'],bool('True')),'need to be approved','completed'))

In my case, the columns Approved and Test2 are Boolean type(Yes/No). When a new item is created, if the value in the Approved column is false, in Test2 column is true, the function will return “need to be approved”.

3.PNG

Please adjust the function according to your scenario and try again with it.

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@chartergrowth

There is a typo in one of the subexpressions

If(equeals(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Generated__c']...

If this is not the problem I would recommend to start with a simple expression (one IF), save, and add the rest of the IFs one by one. I know it takes a lot of time to do it this way, but sometimes when an expression is so complex it is the only way to identify the problem.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Try to use

equals(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Needs_to_be_Generated__c'], true)

instead of 

triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Needs_to_be_Generated__c'] = true

I would also substitute double quotes by single quotes

Hope it helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Thanks for your suggestion. I changed my formula to:

If(equals(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Needs_to_be_Generated__c'], true), 'Need term sheet', If(equals(triggerBody()?['Milestones__c'], true), 'Milestones need to be approved', If(equals(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Generated__c'], true), 'Waiting on App Submission', If(equals(triggerBody()?['Info_Ready_to_be_Reviewed__c'], true), 'Documents Need to Generated', If(equals(triggerBody()?['Docs_Created__c'], true), 'Out for Signing', If(equals(triggerBody()?['Legal_Agreement_Process_Done__c'], true), 'Completed', 'Waiting for Materials')))))

Unfortunately, it is still not working. Do you have any more suggestions?

Thank you!

Highlighted

@chartergrowth

Can you provide more details about the error? Can you save the flow with such expression declared? Can you execute the flow? IF so, is the problem related to the fact the expression always provides the same result no matter the input?

BR 

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Hi chartergrowth,

You may take the following function for a reference:

if(equals(triggerBody()?['Approved_x003f_'],bool('True')),'need term sheet',if(equals(triggerBody()?['Test2'],bool('True')),'need to be approved','completed'))

In my case, the columns Approved and Test2 are Boolean type(Yes/No). When a new item is created, if the value in the Approved column is false, in Test2 column is true, the function will return “need to be approved”.

3.PNG

Please adjust the function according to your scenario and try again with it.

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Thank you for your suggestion but it still will not work for me even after I changed my formula.

I keep getting an error message that says "The expression is invalid". It will not let me even save the flow if I use the formula.

I have tested the flow without the function and it works perfectly. 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi chartergrowth,

What’s your data source? What are the column types? Please show more details about the data source.

Please show me the code you are using on your side. And if possible, please share a screenshot of your flow.

Please make sure all the columns name are correctly used in your code.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao        

Highlighted

The data source is Salesforce. 

I am using If(equals(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Needs_to_be_Generated__c'],bool('True')),'Need term sheet',If(equals(triggerBody()?['Milestones__c'], bool('True')),'Milestones need to be approved',If(equeals(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Generated__c'],bool('True')),'Waiting on App Submission',If(equals(triggerBody()?['Info_Ready_to_be_Reviewed__c'],bool('True')),'Documents Need to Generated',If(equals(triggerBody()?['Docs_Created__c'],bool('True')),'Out for Signing',If(equals(triggerBody()?['Legal_Agreement_Process_Done__c'],bool('True')),'Completed','Waiting for Materials')))))

I have checked that all the fields are correct. 

If Logic 1.JPGIf logic 2.JPG

Highlighted

@chartergrowth

There is a typo in one of the subexpressions

If(equeals(triggerBody()?['Term_Sheet_Generated__c']...

If this is not the problem I would recommend to start with a simple expression (one IF), save, and add the rest of the IFs one by one. I know it takes a lot of time to do it this way, but sometimes when an expression is so complex it is the only way to identify the problem.

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow has now improved their condition control to allow more complex nested if/then statements and such using the visual builder. I wrote about it here: https://sharepointlibrarian.com/2019/02/05/flow-now-supports-multiple-condition-controls-for-advance...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,260)