cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ShawnKeeneTF
Level: Powered On

Ignore Certain Errors

I have a flow setup that sends out a reminder to users if they have any sharepoint items due on the current day (the flow runs at 5am daily). It sends out these reminders via the Flow Bot on MS Teams chat.

It works okay, but I get a failure notice each day because one user has blocked the flow bot.  That's entirely the user's choice, if they don't want to interact with the bot I'm not here to change their mind. But I would like to stop the email alerts telling me about a failure due to this situation. The actual error is:

Request to the Bot framework failed with error: '{"error":{"code":"ConversationBlockedByUser","message":"User blocked the conversation with the bot."}}'.

So, can I ignore this type of failure so I'm not seeing false-alarm notices every day?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Ignore Certain Errors

Hey @ShawnKeeneTF

Have you considered using the 'Run after' options to control error handling?

More details here: https://blog.encodian.com/2019/06/error-handling-in-microsoft-flow/

1.png

2.png

In the branch handling the failure you could also add a condition to handle specific errors

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up

ShawnKeeneTF

It looks like that would try to the message as the flow bot, then check to see if it failed. But if it had failed, wouldn't the error message already be thrown because the post-a-message had already been attempted?

Super User
Super User

Hi @ShawnKeeneTF 

The run-after configuration allows you to control flow when an action generates an error... in the example I showed you can see even though the action error-ed I can manually record the flow as successfully completing.

Have you tried this suggestion?

Jay

ShawnKeeneTF

I ran into a snag trying to implement it.  It says I can't put that control into the "apply to each" area.  But it seems like it must go there, because some of those will succeed (only some fail).

control.png

Super User
Super User

Hey @ShawnKeeneTF 

If the only action in the loop is the 'Teams post message' then could simply drop the terminate outside of the loop assuming you're not concerned about being notified of general issues.

1.png

If you need to handle the errors alittle more gracefully, you could do something similar to... but pls check the property the error is contained within from the Teams action (it might not be the body)

5.png

HTH

Jay

ShawnKeeneTF

Thanks Jay, I'll try the former option first, it should be perfect for this situation. Thanks a ton.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (6,153)